Psychometric testing has become an integral part of the recruitment process for many companies. The primary objective of psychometric tests is to predict certain behavior traits and the ability of the candidates. More and more companies are incorporating these tests in their selection as well as appraisal process. Currently, nearly three – fourth of the corporate world has adopted this technique. Companies in countries like UK, UAE, South Africa & Saudi Arabia were the first to implement this evaluation method. They have to come up with this screening process as the numbers of applicants were always in abundance, given the high literacy rate in these nations. Today, psychometric assessments are no longer a facility, but a necessity for modern organizations.
Selecting the right candidate for the job in order to achieve the set goals has been a concern for every company. Generally, Human Resource department of the organization is responsible for the selection procedure. Predicting ability and behavior through psychometric tests have immensely helped the Human Resource department. A majority of the organizations prefers psychometric tests online. The electronic form of psychometric test is implemented via online exam software. The increased implementation of these tests has also blossomed the psychometric test market.
Why is Psychometric assessment important?
Psychometric tests assist in recruiting the ideal individual for the job. They ascertain that an employee’s behavior and abilities are apt for the position. Moreover, bad hires hinder the organization productivity significantly. A research suggests that an erroneous recruitment costs as much as 150% of an employee’s salary. There are numerous reasons as to why psychometric tests have become a necessity for organizations.
- They strive to give unbiased decisions: Psychometric tests conducted online are objective in nature and standardized. They try to hone the decision making by providing consistent results. These tests help in removing the unconscious bias by limiting the human intervention.
- Improves the selection process: Meta-analysis suggests that implementing psychometric assessments in screening procedure can improve the selection process by 24% as compared to the traditional recruitment methods.
- A valid approach: Psychometric tests are considered more valid in evaluating the personality and aptitude of a person. They provide in-depth analysis of a person’s behavior and knowledge, hence, making the selection process uncomplicated. The validity here means that these tests measure what needs to be measured.
- Good for the brand name: Implementing psychometric tests can greatly benefit an organization’s name. It makes the applicants believe that the organization is serious about the recruitment procedure. These tests attract candidates from diverse geographical and cultural background as they are unbiased and judge a person on their qualities equally.
- Screening large number of candidates: Psychometric assessments have been of great help in screening candidates in large number. This was the reason why these tests were initially implemented in countries such as UK, UAE, South Africa & Saudi Arabia. They are mostly included at an early stage of the selection process to filter out unfavorable candidates.
- Time efficient: Recruitment through psychometric tests saves a lot of time without compromising on the quality of employee. Time is seen as an important factor and is given as much importance as capital.
Mettl Psychometric testing is a method to shortlist candidates with required ability and personality. They are implemented via online exam software and have become an essential requirement for modern organizations.